1 Corinthians 12: 12,13, 27
The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all of its parts are many, they form on body. So it is with Christ. (13) For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body-whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free-and we were all given the one Sprit to drink. (27) Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
The Purpose of the New Members Ministry is to:
• Help members who unite with the First Metropolitan Church family to become acquainted with the history and overall ministry of the church.
• Encourage New Members to move beyond a "positional membership" in the universal Church of Jesus Christ to a "participating membership" in the First Metropolitan body of Christ.
After uniting with First Metropolitan Church, New Members are required to attend new member orientation which consists of 4 sessions. These sessions are held on consecutive Sundays from 9:30-10:30 am. Below is a summary what you can expect during each session.
Step 1 - Getting to Know you!
Session I (1st Sunday) – Get acquainted with each other and an overview of First Metropolitan services, facilities, etc.
Step 2 - First Met History and Ministries
Session II (2nd Sunday) - Covers the history, mission, ministries, Fulfillment Hour and the First Met Discipleship process.
Step 3 - Stewardship
Session III (3rd Sunday)
New Members discover how to manage everything God has given them.
Step 4 - Graduation
Session IV (4th Sunday)
Upon completion of all classes, a New Members Breakfast is held with Pastor and Lady O. A VIP "You Belong" Reception is also held where ministry leaders and new members get to meet and greet. Certificates of Completion are also presented.
A VIP group photo is taken and displayed in the church foyer.
This information is designed to connect you to your new church family and assist us in making sure that YOU belong, connect, grow and serve.
1. Information about you – New members should complete the New Member Intake Form (Please print legibly as this will allow the church to effectively communicate with you as well as provide you with your Member ID number.)
2. Deacon Family Ministry – All new members are assigned to a Deacon. You then are a member of a smaller intimate family called the Deacon Family Plan. You should receive a call from your assigned Deacon during the week following becoming a member of the church.
3. New Member's Orientation Classes - Also, you should receive a call from our New Members' Ministry welcoming you to the First Met Family and reminding you to attend your classes that will be held four consecutive Sundays during Fulfillment hour (9:30 – 10:30 AM). The classes will be held in the New Members YOU BELONG Room and during this time you will get to know the history and the vision of First Met, learn what your part is in fulfilling this vision, and this will give you the opportunity to get answers to any questions you may have. Please make every effort to attend and we ask that you please be prompt.
4. VIP You Belong Reception - After completion of New Member's Orientation classes, experience "You Belong" where you will be recognized and congratulated by our Pastors, church leadership and ministry leaders. You will also receive your personalized Certificate of Orientation. In addition, you will have the opportunity to ask questions of our leaders and meet your new Fulfillment Hour Shepherd.
5. Want to be a Leader - You must complete the New Members Process which includes New Members' Orientation and Network classes (identifying your spiritual gifts).
May God Bless and Keep You,
The New Member's Ministry
Elder Jim Boxley and New Members' Orientation Team Leaders